RAF Attlebridge is a former Royal Air Force station located near Attlebridge and 8 miles (13 km) northwest of Norwich, Norfolk, England. RAF Attlebridge was an early wartime station, laid out for use by No. 2 Group RAF light bombers, and was completed in August 1942. The airfield was used by No. 88 Squadron RAF from August 1941 to September 1942 using Bristol Blenheim IVs and Douglas Bostons.
The Station had runways of 1,220, 1,120 and 1,080 yards length but, when the base was earmarked for USAAF use, these were extended and the airfield was enlarged to meet heavy bomber requirements. The main E-W runway was increased to 2,000 yards and the others to 1,400 yards each. The perimeter track was also extended and the number of hardstands was increased to fifty. In enlarging the airfield, several small, country roads were closed in the parish of Weston Longville, in which the larger part of the airfield was sited.
RAF Attlebridge was assigned to the United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) Eighth Air Force's 2nd Bomb Wing on 30 September 1942. It was given USAAF designation Station 120.
Third party add-on scenery will be required - see readme for details.
||4th January 2016, 16:32:15