File Description: In 1945 the airfield was occupied by the Red Army and afterwards used by the 16th Air Army. During the early 1950 s the airfield was expanded under utilisation of the existing infrastructure. By building a 2500m long concrete runway, the necessary conditions to allow the deployment of the IL-28 and Jak-28 bomber squadrons, were created.
Since 1971 the airfield was further expanded, amongst other things special arms depots of the type Granit 2 were built. Simultaneously the reconnaissance aircraft MiG-25 was based in Werneuchen.
In 1991 the airfield was left by the GSSD and afterwards in civil use. Today there are a concrete plant and a solar park in the northern part. The runway was shortened to 1500m.
This scenery shows the airfield situation in a period some when between 2012 and 2013.