File Description: The airfield Cottbus is the one field of a row of military airfield sceneries, in particular of the helicopter places of the former NVA. In the scenery are included the airfield and the technical supplies.
The airfield was put into operation in 1952 in duty of the NVA. It accommodated at first the 1th fighter group and since 1982 the 3th Combat Helicopter Wing. Helicopters of the type MI-8T, MI-8TB, MI-9 and MI-24 were in duty till 1990.