Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!
AVSIM Library - Search Results
Login | Register | About logging in and out
Searching for:
Download ID = 146761
in AVSIM File Library and below.
Return to Library Index
Found 1 files (1 pages)
Jump to page:   

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Aircraft Repaints, Textures and Modifications
Air Ceylon, Lockheed L-749A Constellation, 1956-1958 ZipDive!  Download

Images related to this file:

File Description:
Air Ceylon was formed in 1947 by the government of the newly independent Republic of Ceylon (nowadays Sri Lanka). That same year three Lockheed L-749 Constellations were ordered for the connection Colombo-London. The order for the Connies lapsed and in 1949 Air Ceylon started a service operating Douglas DC-4s leased from Australian National Airways (ANA), who owned 49% of the shares (the other 51% were owned by the government of Ceylon). However, fierce competition from BOAC's DH-104 Comet 1 and TWA's L-749 Constellation forced Air Ceylon to close the London connection in 1953. In 1955 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines took over the shares from ANA. From 7 February 1956 till 1 November 1958 Air Ceylon leased KLM's L-749A Constellation PH-LDP for its new, weekly connection Colombo-(Bombay)-Karachi-Bahrain-Cairo-Rome-London-Amsterdam. For a limited period this route was extended from Colombo to Bangkok. PH-LDP was sprayed in a very pretty, exotic livery and received the name 'Mahadevi', its previous name having been 'Rotterdam'. In November 1958 PH-LDP was superseded by KLM's L-1049G Super Constellation PH-LKA/4R-ACH which also received a full Air Ceylon livery. On 3 November 1958 PH-LDP was written from use at Schiphol (Amsterdam) and has been scrapped sometime in 1962.

These are textures only. You will require Team 749's (Manfred Jahn & Co) Lockheed L-749 Constellation Basic Pack (lockheed749.zip), the folder Lockheed_L749_1 (twin stack exhausts). Also required Team 749's Lockheed L-749 Constellation Models Update (749_models_update.zip). Included mdl's custom made by Manfred Jahn. Repaints (based on Manfred Jahn's textures) by Maarten Brouwer.

Filename: l749cey.zip
License: Freeware, limited distribution
Added: 26th April 2010, 19:25:22
Downloads: 417
Author: Maarten Brouwer
Size: 7402kb

No Prev Page No Next Page

AVSIM Library System Version 2.00 -- 2004-May-01
© 2001-2017 AVSIM Online
All Rights Reserved